statement of intent


Mathusan 10W3
Statement Of Intent 

·        My television drama is called New Life. This is because it deals with time travel and the chance to change the past and have a new life.
·        My ten episodes will focus on the time traveller (Raj), a 30 year old who has lost his brother (Rishy) in a car accident and he is trying to change the past so that his brother comes back to life. Each episode is going to focus on him travelling into different times in the past, trying to reach the right day. The last episode shows him getting to the day where he gets his brother back to life.
·        This is my two minute extract from the TV drama at the start of episode 1 where he creates the time travelling watch. I am going to show the car accident and the watch being made. My two minutes scene will happen at the start of the episode to create more suspense, to make the audience think what might happen next. The enigma code would be where is did Raj go for every episode.

Language
My extract opens towards the start of episode 1 where Rishy is walking back home after school talking to himself about the exam he has done. I will have an establishing shot of the dark street in a London location to give my audience a visual picture of the place Rishy is in and how it looks. I am going to use a variety of shots of Rishy's car accident – a long shot of the car coming around the corner and I am going to have a medium close up shot of blood flowing from Rishy's head after being hit by the car to show the scene a bit more realistic. After the flashback finishes, my protagonist Raj(Rishy's brother) who is still recovering from the death of his brother will be looking at a picture of him and his brother together and saying in his mind that he is going to make a time travelling watch. 

I will have a transition to Raj looking at the family photo with his brother in it. My next location is a study room inside Raj’s house where he is trying to make the watch.
I will use an over the shoulder (OTS) shot of time travel watch blueprint on the computer screen. I am going to record a voice over from the protagonist’s POV saying what he is doing.

 He then  makes his time travel watch. I will use a range of shots of Raj making the watch including lots of close ups of the wiring. My 2 minute TV drama will end with the watch being completed and the enigma code is where did he go first and what happened to him? 
                                        
My two minutes scene will happen at the start of the episode to create more suspense and to make the audience think what might happen next. My non diagetic sound will be dramatic sci fi music to create tension.

The costume the characters would wear will be Rishy wearing his school uniform because he came from school after his exam and Raj who will be wearing casual clothing but then he will change in to a white shirt when he is making the watch to look like a scientist. Propp’s characters will be a protagonist who is educated and into technology and brave. The protagonist’s brother is the second character: a normal year 10 student who just came back from school after his PPE exam. This TV drama is suitable for people aged 10 and above this is because there is a focus on family and time travel with only a bit of violence filmed in the dark to suggest his death.
                                     
I am planning  to meet my Sci-Fi brief by making my clip be about time travel. Time travel is Sci-Fi convention.

Representation

My two main characters are both Asian males- one young who is 14 years old and one who is 30 years old. This will appeal to a family audience because the story is about love between two brothers. Audiences will get personal identity if they have a brother especially if they have lost a brother. They will also get relationships from this because they will be worried about the time traveller. I have decided to choose Asian protagonists because it is set in London in an Asian community and the Asian community usually has very close families and family is important to them. The thirty year old is the bravest character which is unusual as usually heroes use muscles and action but my hero use his brain which is more like Doctor Who and this might interest audiences who like Doctor Who.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tatler: case study blog task

OMO advert: blog task

Kim Kardashian Hollywood CSP case study