I, Daniel Blake: blog tasks


1) What is independent cinema and how is it different to Hollywood blockbusters?
An independent film, independent movie, indie film or indie movie, is a feature film or short film that is produced outside the major film studio system, in addition to being produced and distributed by independent entertainment companies.

2) What is I, Daniel Blake about?
Daniel Blake (Dave Johns) is a 59-year-old widowed carpenter who must rely on welfare after a recent heart attack leaves him unable to work. Despite his doctor's diagnosis, British authorities deny Blake's benefits and tell him to return to his job. As Daniel navigates his way through an agonizing appeal process, he begins to develop a strong bond with a destitute, single mother (Hayley Squires) who's struggling to take care of her two children.

3) Who directed I, Daniel Blake and why is this important?
Ken Loach directed I, Daniel Blake.

4) How was I, Daniel Blake promoted to an audience? List at least three different methods used by the film's marketing campaign.
The film took place in Newcastle where it was filmed to gain a local audience.

5) What unusual or creative marketing methods were used to get audiences talking about the film?


6) What was the estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake and how much did it make at the box office?
The estimated production budget for I, Daniel Blake was around £2 million and the box office made 11 million.

7) How can independent films like I, Daniel Blake compete with Hollywood blockbusters like Doctor Strange?


8) In your opinion, was I, Daniel Blake a success?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tatler: case study blog task

Doctor Who: An Unearthly Child blog tasks

OMO advert: blog task